The GameFly Website indicates that GameFly has sold the digital distribution side of their business to a company called AtGames Holding, presumably to focus on the rental side of things Googling AtGames turns up nothing but a Shacknews story from earlier this month about reviving the ColecoVision, but there’s a pop-up saying the company has been around since 2001 and “sells and distributes various products.” What does this mean to customers? Apparently not much for now, according to their update:
GameFly digital customers: GameFly has sold its digital download business to AtGames Holding Ltd. GameFly will continue to operate the digital download business for AtGames until later this year or until the transition is complete.
The Gearbox Software website points to a an IGN live video showing off Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the upcoming first-person shooter follow-up/follow-down. The clip offers a first look at Claptrap gameplay, and word is: “Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel producers Joel Eschler (2K Australia) and James Lopez (Gearbox Software) sat down with IGN at Gamescom to bring you your first look at Claptrap the Fragtrap in action. Find out more about Claptrap’s action skill, VaultHunter.EXE, and why you should never leave your buddies hangin’ in this video straight from the show floor.”
FX has renewed The Strain for a second season, the network announced Tuesday. Season 2 will consist of 13 episodes and is scheduled to premiere in summer 2015.
The move comes as no surprise, as The Strain is cable’s top new series of 2014 among adults 18 to 49. The show has averaged 4.5 million viewers in first-run airings this season, while the pilot drew 12.7 million total viewers with delayed and repeat viewings added, making it the most-watched series premiere in FX’s history.
WBIE announces a Season Pass for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, outlining DLC for the action game that can be purchased in advance. They aren’t offering complete details yet, here’s what they reveal for now:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) and Monolith Productions today revealed the Season Pass for the upcoming action game, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, showcasing exclusive content that will be available at participating retailers.
The Season Pass includes:
- Exclusive ‘Guardians of the Flaming Eye’ Orc Warband mission
- Players will face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune
- Early access to the ‘Trials of War’ challenge series
- Players will test their skills against select legions of Sauron’s forces in this series of challenge modes and build their legend as gamers post their best score on the Challenge Leaderboard
- All new story missions with hours of gameplay
- Lord of the Hunt – Hunt the wild beasts of Mordor as players discover hidden lairs, earn unique runes and face off against powerful monsters
- The Bright Lord – Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven smith of the Second Age, and battle against Sauron and the might of his forces
- Access to future content
- Including runes, skins and additional future add-on content.
There’s a brand new demo of Batman: Arkham Knight on display at Gamescom in Germany, and from the sound of it, the game–Rocksteady Games’ return to the franchise after a one-game break–will be a pretty fun time.
After a fight sequence at Ace Chemical and the introduction of some new gadgets, there’s a fairly long sequence involving Batman popping out of the moving Batmobile and onto rooftops. Unfortunately, you have to be at Gamescom to play that demo at the moment, but GamesRadar has nabbed a few screenshots to whet your whistle. Check them out below.