Tag Archives: Dead Rising
TeamXbox is reporting that Capcom has released some free downloadable content for Dead Rising. For free. As in, no points required.
Capcom has released the first downloadable content for its action horror game Dead Rising. The eight new keys available for free at Xbox Live Marketplace let gamers access the correspondent costume in the game.
The eight keys are:
1. Miami Nights Key
2. Casual Key
3. Weekender Key
4. Round Shades Key
5. Burgundy Wine Key
6. Grandpa Key
7. Pink Parparazzi Key
8. Man in Black Key
Each key has a file size of 108KB via Evil Avatar
Dead Rising just hit the 360 and right about now gamers are sticking to the ‘zombie’, but Capcom already wants to know if there’s a Dead Rising sequel, are you going to buy it? So they asked with a survey.
When you look at this map, you just think to you self, “Where would I want to go, if I was in a mall that was crawling with undead ghouls that want to eat me and all I am armed with is a Nikon camera”.
Dead Rising follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance photojournalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to a small suburban town only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. He escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety, but it turns out to be anything but.
Take the lead as Frank and engage in a struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies. With a full compliment of stores at your disposal in the mall, you’ll need to be creativeâ€”utilizing anything you can find to fight off the flesh-hungry mobâ€”and search for the truth behind the horrendous epidemic.
* Real-time gameplay: Time marches on whether Frank is actively engaged or simply stationary.
* Dynamic enemies: Record numbers of zombies come in never-ending waves and react to their environment. Though they move slowly during the day, the zombies become stronger and faster at night, making it even more dangerous for players to survive. These former humans have also retained some memory of their previous lives, giving them unique behaviors and appearances.
* Visual clarity: Playing in native 720p resolution allows for unprecedented detail and clarity in gameplay.
* Weapons aplenty: The variety of stores available to you in the mall offer an endless supply of resources, including vehicles, makeshift weapons, and food.
* Save and learn: Encounter other survivors along the way. Helping them will give you more clues as to what has happened and what you need to do to stop it.
Finally, a worth while zombie game where the objective isn’t to load up on ammo and start blazing. Oh no, when there are achievements like:
|Zombie Hunter: Defeat at least 1,000 zombies.|
|Peace Keeper: Defeat at least 5 psychopaths.|
|Tour Guide: Escort 8 survivors at once.|
Dead Rising hits the shelves on 8/8/2006 so sharpen those hatchets, grease up those chain saws, because it is time to go shopping!